The core element of T Level in Health and Science (Dental Nursing) will boost your knowledge in a range of topics such as anatomy, infection control and oral health promotion as well as your understanding of dental treatments and prevention of disease. You’ll also dive into the practical side of Dental Nursing using Poultec’s specific dental training equipment such as dental instruments, dental materials and aspiration units which will help build your skills in becoming a dental nurse.
During your second year you will be on work placement to support your interests, enabling you to get a deeper understanding into dental nursing while also building up the skills you need for your future job. The industry placement will give you an amazing opportunity to work with an employer while you study gaining invaluable experience as well as key skills that employers are looking for.
The T Level in Health and Science covers a range of topics such as…
- Working in the healthcare and health, and science sectors
- Health, safety and environmental regulations in the healthcare and health and science sectors
- Managing information and data within the health and science sector
- Managing personal information
- Good scientific and clinical practice
- Providing person-centred care
- Health and wellbeing
- Infection prevention and control in health specific setting
- Core science concepts
- Legislation and regulations
- Infection Control
- Instruments, equipment used in the dental surgery
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Dental Treatment
- Duty of Care
- Oral Disease; cause and prevention
- Role of dental professionals and healthcare team in respect of patient management
- Principles of dental charting and soft tissue assessment
- Use of Information technology and electronic recording systems within a dental setting
- Filling and impression materials
Progression after this role could lead to you becoming a team leader, manager or dental practice manager position, serve in the armed forces as a dental nurse, become a dental hygienist or dental therapist with further training or become an orthodontic therapist to help dentists improve the look and position of patient’s teeth.
This Health and Science (Dental Nursing) T Level is held at Poultec Training’s main site in Mattishall. You’ll be required to attend Poultec three days a week and the total duration is two years (includes one year on work placement). On successful completion you will gain a Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing qualification.
- 4 or 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, for a level 3 course
- 4 or 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, including English and maths for a T level
To discover more about the T Level in Dental Nursing, visit www.poultec.co.uk or call us on 01362 850983