Our fitness study programmes provides an excellent foundation for a career in the fitness industry. Whether looking to become a personal trainer or deliver fitness training sessions, this course provides you with the first step. Out study programmes provide a blend of theory and hands-on training, delivered at our dedicated training facilities at South Green Park, Mattishall.
On successful completion of a fitness study programme, learners are given the opportunity to progress onto an Apprenticeship.
YMCA Awards Level 2 Certificate in Instructing Fitness
This course is an ideal introduction into the Fitness Industry; this course focuses on the various aspects and skills needed to instruct fitness within the fitness industry, and will include the following:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Health, safety and welfare in fitness
- Principle of Exercise fitness and health
- Support Clients who take part in exercise and physical activities
- Planning gym based exercise
- Instructing gym based exercise
- Teamwork/Employee Rights & Responsibilities
- CV & Interview Skills Workshop
- Level 1 Functional Skills English
- Level 1 Functional Skills Maths
You must be between the ages of 16-18. There are no formal academic entry requirements; however an initial selection interview is mandatory.
To further your knowledge/skillset and become more employable within the given industry, subject to securing a work placement a full Apprenticeship is a possible route.
If you are 16 – 18 there are no course fees payable, however you may have some costs associated with
uniform, equipment etc.
Click to view our StudyProgrammePoster_Fitness
Click to hear from our Fitness tutor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iSQ3PlpVf
Our study programmes commence from September — details on how to enrol are not available currently, however please do contact us to add your details to our interest list.