Advances in Automotive Engineering are a key factor in today’s world, Poultec are excited to have developed targeted training solutions to match the demand for skills in this evolving employment sector.
Our suite of Engineering study programmes are delivered in our dedicated engineering teaching facility at the Henderson Business Centre in Norwich. Spread across three workshops, learners have specialist teaching environments for the teaching of automotive, mechanical and composite engineering. Study programmes are made up of a blend of theory and hands-on teaching.
Following the successful completion of a study programme learners have the opportunity to progress onto an Apprenticeship.
City & Guilds Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations
This course is an ideal introduction into the Engineering industry; this course focuses on the first steps in basic engineering skills and looks at various aspects required to kick start your career, you will be:
- Carrying out engineering activities efficiently and effectively
- Working safely in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Preparing and proving CNC machine tool programs
- Preparing and using manual metal arc welding equipment
- Producing composite assemblies including carbon fibre
- Stripping and rebuilding motorsport vehicles (pre-competition)
- Assembly of set up of race bikes
- Preparing and using lathes for turning operations
- Preparing and using milling machines
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Producing composite mouldings using wet lay-up techniques
The course will also include the following core skills:
- Health & Safety
- Level 1 Functional Skills English
- Level 1 Functional Skills Maths
You must be between the ages of 16-18. There are no formal academic entry requirements; however an initial selection interview is mandatory.
To further your knowledge/skillset and become more employable within the given industry, subject to securing a work placement a full Apprenticeship is a possible route.
If you are 16 – 18 there are no course fees payable, however you may have some costs associated with uniform, equipment etc.
Our study programmes commence from September — details on how to enrol are not available currently, however please do contact us to add your details to our interest list.