Intermediate HACCP: The need to adopt preventative strategies in the preparation of food to ensure its safety has increasingly become the focus of good practice and regulatory requirements. Current regulations require the owners of food businesses to conduct a hazard analysis of their food operations and to implement suitable and sufficient controls to eliminate or at least reduce the risks posed by identified hazards. A number of formal systems of hazard analysis exist e.g. Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP).
One of the main objectives of our HACCP training programme is to assist proprietors of food businesses to operate more safely and meet the requirements of current, and new, legislation by introducing a rational and realistic system of analysis. There are a number of basic steps and principles involved in a hazard analysis system but no matter how simple the system or the operations it may cover it can only be effective if the personnel concerned:
- Understand the principles
- Have experience of the working environment or activity
- Appreciate the need to develop realistic controls
- Understand the importance of monitoring and periodic review
Among those who would benefit from this training programme are:
- Owners and managers and sole proprietors
- Team leaders
Participants should have a broad understanding of food safety issues in advance of attending this programme. It is therefore strongly recommended that prospective candidates have previously successfully completed a foundation level Food safety programme as minimum.
The training time to cover the syllabus areas must be at least 9 hours, typically covered in 1.5 – 2 days. The candidates will undertake a formal exam containing both multiple choice and essay style questions. Successful completion of the programme will enable delegates to:
- Play an active part in the design of hazard analysis systems
- Take responsibility for all, or elements of hazard analysis systems depending on the size, nature and complexity of the business
- Manage the monitoring of controls and their periodic review
- Assist in the formulation of more effective work practices
- Identify the need for further advice and guidance in specialised food industry sectors or processes
Courses run throughout the year at our training facility at South Green Park, for dates click here. Alternativley if you would like a course to run at your own location please conact our administration team.
Poultec Continues Support of Kings Lynn Stars
Poultec Training Limited is pleased to announce the continued sponsorship of the Kings Lynn Stars Elite League Speedway Team. The local training provider has been supporting the team for 10 seasons and will continue for the2013 season. Poultec Training Limited and Roger Warnes Transport are the two team sponsors and at the recent Team Preview read more