What is an E-portfolio?
What is an E-Portfolio?
Historically each learner would be issued with a paper-based portfolio when they started their training, which would be used to log evidence of assessments and contain learners work. This portfolio would be updated jointly by both the assessor and the learner until the qualification was complete.
An E-portfolio works in a similar way to a paper-based portfolio, in that it collates all the work that the assessor and learner have done towards the qualification. However with an e- portfolio the information is held electronically in a secure location, which is accessed by both the learner and assessor. Once the training is completed the portfolio is downloaded for the learner to keep on a CD-ROM.
We have selected Onefile as our e-portfolio provider, as we believe that this system is best suited to our learner and business needs. Incorporated into the e-portfolio is a messaging system that links with the learners own e-mail software. This allows the learner to be in continuous contact with their assessor.
Why Use an E-portfolio?
- An e-portfolio is accessible from any location with internet connectivity, at any time.
- The learners work is continuously backed-up, so their work will never be lost.
- All work is held on a secure server, protected by individual passwords, making this more secure than a paper-based portfolio.
- The learner can learn at their own speed, submitting work to their assessor between face-to-face visits.
What does this mean in real terms?
- We are able to provide more flexible training, allowing some learners to complete earlier.
- Allows us to give greater support between visits for learners who require it.
- With a click of a button learner progress can be seen in a pictorial form.
- Portfolios are always available and accessible.
- Provides records that can be used for appraisals or during succession planning sessions.
- Data is held securely and only accessed by those who have been permitted access.
- You are able to log-on and view your staff’s progress.
- Provides good evidence of affective training during audits helping you meet your quality requirements.
Poultec Continues Support of Kings Lynn Stars
Poultec Training Limited is pleased to announce the continued sponsorship of the Kings Lynn Stars Elite League Speedway Team. The local training provider has been supporting the team for 10 seasons and will continue for the2013 season. Poultec Training Limited and Roger Warnes Transport are the two team sponsors and at the recent Team Preview read more